Without knowing how to do SEO, we have little chance of getting any visitors to our blog or website. We need to know how do SEO, in order to rank highly in the search engines.
Here is a guide on Info Blogging | what will do with SEO:
So we have built a new website and now we want customers. There are millions of people out there on the search engines trying to find information like yours, but they are not able to find you, unless you know how to do SEO.
- Before you post anything on your website, you need to do keyword research. I prefer the Google Adwords - Keyword Tool. This is free and provides all the information you need to make a decision, although there are other keyword research tools you can use.
- Type in your chosen niche in to the Keyword Tool and you will get between 50 - 100 keyword suggestions. They can be sorted by competition. It is far easier to rank for a low competition keyword. It is also best to aim for keywords that are specific and targeted. Try to rank for narrow topics, rather than broad categories. Experiment a little with the keyword suggestions to pick the most specific, high search volume, lowest competition keywords and phrases.
- Now it is time to look at your competition. Type in your keywords into Google and have a look at what pages are ranking in the top 5. Take note of what title they are using and what tags they are using.
- When typing your website content you need to make sure it is relevant to the keywords you are targeting.
- You will need to use the keywords in your title. The less words you have in your title the better.
- You need to repeat the keywords you want to rank for repeatedly, in the body of your post. It should be done in a natural way.
- Make sure you use bold, underline or italics on your keywords.
- If using pictures, name these your keywords. Eg. Keyword.png
- Use Meta tags or post tags that contain the keywords.
- Create internal page links. Use text links on your keywords that point to another page that is relevant to that keyword on another page within your site.
- Create backlinks on Forums, Directories and other relevant websites related to your niche. You can also create backlinks by bookmarking your post on social bookmarking sites.
- Keep your website simple. High ranking websites are usually simple in design and easy to navigate. This allows the search engine crawlers to easily get the content they are looking for.
- Keep your website fresh. Add new content regularly. Search engines love new content.
Now that we know how to do SEO, we can apply these techniques to our blog or website. When we are done, don't forget to submit blog or website, post or article to the search engines.