If you are looking for a CMS (Content Management System) on the Internet, then you will be given plenty of options. Like Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal are some of Free CMS (Open Source) are popular. There are still many other free CMS you can use. In addition to free CMS, also many commercial CMS that can be used for companies, online stores, web portals, web education, etc..
Between CMS and CMS Commercial Free is, where is the best to use? It is difficult to determine which one is best, all depends on the type of website that will be created, for what the website is created, and how the available budget to create the website.
Before you decide to use a CMS or CMS Commercial Guide for your website, always know what the difference of the two types of CMS.
Free CMS (Open Source)
CMS Free is available free on the Internet, which can be downloaded and converted his script code. Because it is free, its development came from the developers who voluntarily contribute in improving and enhancing performance. Free CMS development is usually faster than a commercial CMS.
Free CMS Pros:
- The installation process is fast and free, except for lease payments for the domain and hosting.
- Testing the performance and stability of its faster (not necessarily better) because many users and developers.
- Technical Support is usually a lot of support in forums or blogs tutorials.
Free CMS Disadvantages:
- Security System Commercial CMS is not as good, because it is Open Source or script code can be viewed and can be learned by anyone.
- The number of developers are likely to cause a lot of damage (crash) on the system, because every web developer have different habits in developing a web application.
- Because anyone may participate to the development, so not all professionals. So often the problem arises because the programming is not competent.
- Options menu settings are very complicated and required language skills to the integration of programming for each application.
Basically similar to the CMS Commercial Free CMS, they both have the ability to manage web content. Only on the CMS Commercial restricted access to script code. Even on some Web Developer Company, can not access the script code, or the price to be able to access the script code is very expensive. In the sense that clients buy the full rights over the script code that has been made.
Commercial CMS Pros:
- Security system is better than Free CMS because the script code can not access, or only the client can see the script code.
- The possibility of a crash on the application is smaller because the application is made by the same developer.
- Development of more competent because handled by a professional developer.
- For the client, not complicated and does not need programming language ability because it usually Commercial CMS made simple as possible (users friendly) in accordance with client needs.
Commercial CMS Disadvantages:
- The process of making a long and usually expensive.
- Performance and stability it takes a long time for testing.
- Technical Support is usually charged extra.
If you think there are still others that I have not written in the description above, please give input.